Parents Support Group (PSG@WDL)
Involved Parents, Inspired Woodlanders
Working hand in hand to support the school endeavor towards excellence
The Parent Support Group:
- plays an important role in promoting and fostering w between home and school like organising projects to benefit the students in the areas of educational interest and welfare;
- serves as a communication channel for parents to provide constructive feedback on school programmes; and
- recruiting and leading other parents to join this meaningful endeavour to ensure sustainability of home-school partnership.
- Welcome dinner for new members
- Sports Fiesta
- Cross Country
- Parents’ workshop and seminar
- Hosting International students for Hari Raya Celebrations
- Teachers’ Day celebration
(For more information and latest updates, please join “WDL PSG” Facebook group)
The WDL Alumni Working Committee was officially formed on 10th May 2010 with 7 strong and committed former Woodlanders from the pioneer (80s), graduates of classes from the 90’s and 2000’s. Mr Thirumaran (HOD MT) and Mr Gary Ong (HOD PE/CCA) were appointed as the school contact persons to this committee.
Since the formation of this working committee, members have been actively involved in the planning of events to bring former Woodlanders together to network and touch-base with one another. At the same time, coming together to contribute back to the school through their involvements in school improvement projects as well as the education of students of WDL. In 2012, the Alumni organised the 30th Anniversary Reunion Dinner on 14 July (Sat) which was attended by former Principals, teachers and students from the pioneer to current batch, bringing more than 700 people of the WDL family together to celebrate our 30th anniversary.
WDL Alumni Sports Challenge:
- The “Thirumaran Cup” (7-A-Side Football Tournament)
- The “Suraidi Cup” (Badminton Tournament)
- The “Nambiar Cup” (Netball Tournament)